Mich. Admin. Code R. 205.409 - Shipping case identification
(1) The first purchaser of cigarettes in this state is required to identify each original manufacturer's shipping case of cigarettes purchased with his name and address and an impression of a seal prescribed by the department of treasury.
(2) The seal has been designed by the department and it includes the license number assigned to the first purchaser. The name and address of the original purchaser and the seal referred to in this rule shall be incorporated in a rubber stamp which shall be obtained by each person licensed to make purchases of cigarettes from unlicensed sources.
(3) The stamp shall be obtained from a stamp manufacturer authorized by the department and may be manufactured only on the written authority of the department.
(4) A manufacturer of stamps desiring to manufacture or reproduce such stamps may receive authorization upon written application and approval by the department. A list of authorized manufacturers shall be supplied to cigarette licensees upon request.
(5) The stamp manufacturer shall obtain verification from the department that the purchaser is a properly qualified licensee. The department shall advise the manufacturer of the license number to be incorporated in the seal.
(6) The name and address of the licensee and the prescribed seal shall appear on each shipping case so that when a manufacturer's shipping case is split, the name, address, and seal shall appear in its entirety on each half of the case.
(7) Cigarettes in cases not stamped as provided in these rules shall be subject to seizure and confiscation pursuant to section 9 of the act.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.