Mich. Admin. Code R. 393.5095 - Refunds; conditions; rescheduling examinations
Current through Vol. 22-05, April 1, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
Rule 95. (1) The division shall issue refunds if it cancels an examination or service that was paid for and not received due to cancellation or error by the division, except for events that will be rescheduled.
(2) If approved by the division, a refund shall be issued if the testing candidate or his or her immediate family experiences death, serious illness, a call to active duty, or another situation beyond his or her control. The person shall notify the division of the circumstance as soon as possible before the event for which the fee was paid. Proof shall be provided not later than 30 days after the occurrence.
(3) Failure to appear for a performance examination on a scheduled date, or arriving more than 15 minutes late for a confirmed performance examination, shall result in forfeiture of the examination fee, unless waived by the division.
(4) The fee is subject to forfeiture if the candidate for Test of English Proficiency fails to arrive or arrives after the testing door has closed.
(5) Consideration shall be given for severe weather conditions if the conditions cause an applicant to fail to appear or to be late in arriving to the examination.
(6) The division shall follow school closure notification in determining severe weather to cancel events or testing. If the school district is closed, testing shall be cancelled and rescheduled. No refunds shall be given if an event is rescheduled.
(7) The division shall offer an opportunity to the applicant to reschedule an examination as soon as possible after the cancellation of the examination. If the person does not complete the examination within 1 calendar year of the cancellation, then the fee shall be forfeited.
History: 2014 AACS.