Nev. Admin. Code § 284.294 - Reimbursement for furnishing own tools
1. An employee who is required to furnish his or her own tools may elect to be reimbursed for the use, loss, theft and breakage of the tools at the rate of $35 per month if the monetary value of the tools is more than $300 and less than $1,000, or at the rate of $50 per month if the monetary value exceeds $1,000. This monthly allowance must not be considered part of the employee's base rate of pay.
2. The payment of reimbursement pursuant to subsection 1 absolves the agency of any responsibility for the employee's tools if the loss per occurrence is $1,000 or less. If the loss is more than $1,000 and is covered under the terms and conditions of the policy of property insurance or program of self-insurance maintained by the State, the loss must be paid by the insurer or the State, as appropriate.
3. If the employee does not elect to be paid a monthly reimbursement for furnishing his or her own tools pursuant to subsection 1 and a loss occurs which is covered by the policy of property insurance or program of self-insurance maintained by the State, the first $1,000 of the loss must be paid to the employee by the agency and the balance by the insurer or the State, as appropriate.
4. Agencies must approve and maintain a listing of those tools which are required.
5. As used in this section, "tools" does not include weapons or other protective equipment.
[Personnel Div., Rule III § P, eff. 8-11-73; renumbered as § Q 9-6-74] - (NAC A by Dep't of Personnel, 8-26-83; 7-14-88; 10-27-97; R147-01, 1-22-2002)
NRS 284.065, 284.155, 284.175
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.