Chapter 26 - EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES
- Subchapter 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS (§ 6A:26-1.1 to 6A:26-1.2)
- Subchapter 2 - LONG-RANGE FACILITIES PLANS (§ 6A:26-2.1 to 6A:26-2.4)
- Subchapter 3 - CAPITAL PROJECT REVIEW (§ 6A:26-3.1 to 6A:26-3.17)
- Subchapter 4 - INITIAL ASSESSMENT AND ENROLLMENT (§ 6A:26-4.1 to 6A:26-4.10)
- Subchapter 5 - REVIEW OF CAPITAL PROJECTS FOR EDUCATIONAL ADEQUACY (§ 6A:26-5.1 to 6A:26-5.6)
- Subchapter 6 - PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS FOR SCHOOL FACILITIES (§ 6A:26-6.1 to 6A:26-6.5)
- Subchapter 7 - LAND ACQUISITION, SCHOOL CLOSING, AND LAND DISPOSAL (§ 6A:26-7.1 to 6A:26-7.5)
- Subchapter 8 - TEMPORARY SCHOOL FACILITIES (§ 6A:26-8.1)
- Subchapter 9 - RESERVED
- Subchapter 10 - LEASE PURCHASE AND LEASE AGREEMENTS (§ 6A:26-10.1 to 6A:26-10.11)
- Subchapter 11 - COUNTY VOCATIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT FACILITIES REHABILITATION FUND (§ 6A:26-11.1 to 6A:26-11.2)
- Subchapter 12 - SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOOL FACILITIES (§ 6A:26-12.1 to 6A:26-12.5)
- Subchapter 13 - RESERVED
- Subchapter 14 - WITHHOLDING OF STATE SUPPORT FOR NON-COMPLIANCE (§ 6A:26-14.1)
- Subchapter 15 - RESERVED
- Subchapter 16 - CERTIFIED EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES MANAGER (§ 6A:26-16.1)
- Subchapter 17 - APPEALS (§ 6A:26-17.1)
- Subchapter 18 - SECTION 15 GRANTS FOR REGULAR OPERATING DISTRICTS, INCLUDING COUNTY VOCATIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICTS (§ 6A:26-18.1 to 6A:26-18.6)
- Subchapter 19 - MANAGEMENT OF A SCHOOL FACILITIES PROJECT BY A SCHOOLS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY SDA DISTRICT (§ 6A:26-19.1 to 6A:26-19.5)
- Subchapter 20 - COMPREHENSIVE MAINTENANCE PLANS (§ 6A:26-20.1 to 6A:26-20.9)
Effective: August 20, 2020.
See: 52 N.J.R. 1771(a).
CHAPTER HISTORICAL NOTE:
Chapter 26, Educational Facilities, was adopted as R.2001 d.367, and Subchapter 2, Long-Range Facilities Plans, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23-2, Subchapter 3, Capital Project Review, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23A-2, Subchapter 11, County Vocational School District Facilities Rehabilitation Fund, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23A-4, Subchapter 12, Operation and Maintenance of Facilities, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:22-9, Subchapter 13, Applications for Retroactive Funding of Projects, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23A-3, Subchapter 15, State School Facilities Documents was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23A-6, and Subchapter 17, Appeals, was recodified from N.J.A.C. 6:23A-7by R.2001 d.367, effective October 1, 2001. See: 33 N.J.R. 1809(a), 33 N.J.R. 3482(a).
Subchapter 9, Capital Reserve Accounts, was repealed by R.2006 d.361, effective October 2, 2006. See: 38 N.J.R. 2333(a), 38 N.J.R. 4178(b).
Chapter 26, Educational Facilities, was readopted as R.2007 d.81, effective February 9, 2007. As a part of R.2007 d.81, Subchapter 11, County Vocational District Facilities Rehabilitation Fund, was renamed County Vocational School District Facilities Rehabilitation Fund, effective March 19, 2007. See: 38 N.J.R. 4533(a), 39 N.J.R. 899(a).
Subchapter 18, Section 15 Grants for Regular Operating Districts, Including County Vocational School Districts, was adopted as special new rules by R.2009 d.2, effective November 25, 2008. See: 41 N.J.R. 309(a).
Subchapter 18, Section 15 Grants for Regular Operating Districts, Including County Vocational School Districts, was readopted as R.2010 d.111, effective May 24, 2010. See: 41 N.J.R. 4371(a), 42 N.J.R. 1166(b).
Subchapter 19, Management of a School Facilities Project by a Schools Development Authority (SDA) District, was adopted as new rules by R.2011 d.108, effective April 4, 2011. See: 42 N.J.R. 2353(a), 43 N.J.R. 830(a).
In accordance with N.J.S.A. 52:14B-5.1b, Chapter 26, Educational Facilities, was scheduled to expire on February 9, 2014. See: 43 N.J.R. 1203(a).
Chapter 26, Educational Facilities, was readopted as R.2013 d.145, effective November 20, 2013. As a part of R.2013 d.145, Subchapter 12, Operation and Maintenance of Facilities, was renamed Safety Requirements for School Facilities; Subchapter 13, Applications for Retroactive Funding Of Projects, and Subchapter 15, State School Facilities Documents, were repealed; and Subchapter 20, Comprehensive Maintenance Plans, was adopted as new rules, effective December 16, 2013. See: 45 N.J.R. 1026(a), 45 N.J.R. 2557(a).
Chapter 26, Educational Facilities, was readopted, effective August 20, 2020. See: Source and Effective Date.
N.J.S.A. 18A:4-15, 18A:7G-5.k, 18A:7G-13, and 18A:7G-26; and P.L.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.