Ohio Admin. Code 3745-270-30 - Waste specific prohibitions- wood preserving wastes
Current through all regulations passed and filed through September 3, 2021
Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119.
Rule authorized by: RC 3734.12
Rule amplifies: RC 3734.12
119.032 review dates: Exempt
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3745-270-30. Waste specific prohibitions- wood preserving wastes
(A) The wastes specified in rules 3745-51-30 to 3745-51-35 of the Administrative Code as EPA hazardous waste numbers F032, F034, and F035 are prohibited from land disposal.
(B) The following wastes are prohibited from land disposal:
(1) Soil and debris contaminated with F032, F034, or F035; and
(2) F032, F034, or F035 mixed with radioactive mixed wastes.
(D) Paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule do not apply if:
(1) The wastes meet the applicable treatment standards in rules 3745-270-40 to 3745-270-49 of the Administrative Code;
(2) Persons have been granted an exemption from a prohibition pursuant to rule 3745-270-06 of the Administrative Code with respect to those wastes and units covered by the petition;
(3) The wastes meet the applicable alternate treatment standards established pursuant to a petition granted under rule 3745-270-44 of the Administrative Code; or
(4) Persons have been granted an extension to the effective date of a prohibition pursuant to rule 3745-270-05 of the Administrative Code with respect to those wastes covered by the extension.
(E) To determine whether a hazardous waste identified in this rule exceeds the applicable treatment standards specified in rule 3745-270-40 of the Administrative Code, the initial generator shall test a sample of the waste extract or the entire waste(depending on whether the treatment standards are expressed as concentrations in the waste extract or as concentrations in the waste), or the generator may use knowledge of the waste. If the waste contains constituents in excess of the applicable universal treatment standard levels in rule 3745-270-48 of the Administrative Code, the waste is prohibited from land disposal, and all requirements of Chapter 3745-270 of the Administrative Code are applicable, except as otherwise specified.(Eff 12-7-00 Rule promulgated under: RC Chapter 119. Rule authorized by: RC 3734.12 Rule amplifies: RC 3734.12 119.032 review dates: Exempt )