Ohio Admin. Code 3745-555-02 - Solid waste transfer facility - definitions
Current through all regulations passed and filed through September 3, 2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3734.02
Rule Amplifies: 3734.02
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 3745-555-02. Solid waste transfer facility - definitions
If a term used in this chapter is defined in rule 3745-500-02 of the Administrative Code, the definition of the term used in rule 3745-500-02 of the Administrative Code is applicable to this chapter unless the term is defined in this rule. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Aggregate volume" means the total volume of all portable containers designated at a transfer facility for receiving solid wastes. The total volume of containers at a transfer facility does not include the volume of an empty portable container being delivered to a transfer facility by a transport vehicle for purpose of removal of a full or partially full container of equal or greater volume, at the time of delivery of the empty container.
(2) "Alteration" means a change, other than a modification, variance, or exemption, to a transfer facility or to a permit to install issued pursuant to Chapter 3734. of the Revised Code for a transfer facility.
(M) "Modification" means either of the following:
(1) A change to the limits of the waste handling area to encompass area not authorized by an existing permit.
(2) Any change in the technique of waste receipt or type of waste received at a transfer facility that may endanger human health or the environment.
(P) "Portable solid waste container" or "portable container" is a container used for solid waste transfer that is not part of the permanent structure of a transporting vehicle, can be removed from the transporting vehicle without compromising the container's or the transporting vehicle's structural integrity, and can be removed from the transporting vehicle without utilizing destructive measures. Portable containers include trailers used to store and transport solid wastes.
(S) "Source-separated yard waste" means yard waste that has been separated from other solid waste at the point of generation or at the point of collection. Source separation includes, but is not limited to, such measures as placing yard waste in portable containers and compartments of portable containers dedicated to yard waste collection, and in vehicles dedicated to yard waste collection.
(1) "Transfer facility" or "facility" has the same meaning as solid waste transfer facility.
(2) "Transfer facility boundary" means a line represented on drawings in an approved permit to install of a transfer facility that shall encompass at a minimum the area that includes the following:
(a) Waste handling areas.
(b) Leachate management system components included in the approved permit to install.
(c) Buildings and structures associated with solid waste transfer.
(d) Vehicle and container staging areas and vehicle and container storage areas where vehicles and containers contain waste.
(W) "Waste handling area" means any area of a transfer facility where solid wastes are loaded, processed, unloaded, or where uncontainerized solid wastes are stored.
Processes include baling, shredding, crushing, and compacting. Waste handling area does not include vehicle staging areas, container staging areas, vehicle storage areas, and container storage areas.(Effective: 4/1/2017 Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/01/2022 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 3734.02 Rule Amplifies: 3734.02)