Ohio Admin. Code 4101:9-2-02 - Prohibited occupations for minors under sixteen years of age
(A) Any manufacturing occupation.
(B) Any mining occupation.
(C) Processing occupations
, such as filleting of fish, dressing
poultry, cracking nuts, or laundering as performed by commercial laundries and
cleaners (except in a retail, food service, or
gasoline service establishment in those specific occupations expressly
permitted there in, in accordance with the
(D) Occupations requiring the performance of any duties in workrooms or workplaces where goods are manufactured, mined, or otherwise processed.
(E) Public messenger services.
(F) Operation or tending of hoisting apparatus or of any power-driven machinery (other than office machines and machines in retail, food service
, and gasoline
service establishments which
that are not prohibited by other rules).
(G) Any occupation found and declared to be hazardous.
(H) Occupations in connection with:
(1) Transportation of persons or property by rail, highway, air, on water, pipeline
, or other means.
(2) Warehousing and storage.
(3) Communications and public utilities.
(4) Construction (including repair).
Except office or sales work in connection with paragraphs (H)(1) to (H)(4) of this rule when not performed on transportation media or at the actual construction site.
(I) Any of the following occupations in a retail
, food service, or gasoline service
(1) Work performed in or about boiler or engine rooms.
(2) Work in connection with maintenance or repair of the establishment, machines
, or equipment.
(3) Outside window washing that involves working from window sills
, and all work
requiring the use of ladders, scaffolds , or their
(4) Cooking (except at soda fountains, lunch counters, snack bars, or cafeteria serving counters) and baking.
involve operating, setting up, adjusting, cleaning, oiling, or repairing
power-driven food slicers and grinders, food choppers and cutters , and bakery-type mixers.
(6) Work in freezers and meat coolers and all work in preparation of meats for sale (except wrapping, sealing, labeling, weighing, pricing
, and stocking when performed in
(7) Loading and unloading goods to and from trucks, railroad cars
, or conveyors.
(8) All occupations in warehouses
, except office and clerical work.
(9) Work in connection with cars and trucks involving the use of pits, racks
, or lifting
apparatus or involving the inflation of any tire mounted on a rim equipped with
a removable retaining ring.
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4109.05
Rule Amplifies: 4109.05
Prior Effective Dates: 04/17/1979
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.