Ohio Admin. Code 4713-5-14 - Discontinuance/closure of operation
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08, 4709.05
Rule Amplifies: Not Applicable.
Prior Effective Dates: 08/26/2016, 04/25/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(1), 4713.08(A) 20
Rule Amplifies: 4713.20, 4713.44, 4713.45, 4713.46, 4713.64, 4713.641
Prior Effective Dates: 8/26/2016
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 4713-5-14. Discontinuance/closure of operation
(A) Any school whose management or owner or other individual has decided to discontinue the operation of the school shall inform the board at least sixty days prior to the final date of the school's operation. Any school that closes for business, shall forward to the board a complete, certified training record for each student within fourteen days of the completion of any training hours by any student.
(B) A school shall inform the board at least fifteen days in advance of any temporary closures resulting in more than one day, with the exception of closures for national holidays, inclement weather advisories, planned seasonal closures. If the school closes entirely or cancels classes without advanced planning, the school may be subject to disciplinary action by the board.
(C) If a school closes permanently and ceases to offer instruction after students have enrolled, or if a program is canceled after students have enrolled and instruction has begun, the school shall make arrangements for students or implement any applicable teach-out agreement in compliance with the following requirements.
(1) The school shall notify students in writing at least sixty days in advance of the final date of the school's operations. Students shall receive a refund in accordance with paragraph (A)(8) of rule 4713-3-11 of the Administrative Code.
(2) The arrangements or agreement shall offer the student a reasonable opportunity to promptly resume and complete the canceled program(s) of study or a substantially similar program of study at an institution (or institutions) which offer similar educational programs.
(3) The arrangements or teach-out agreement should be performed by an institution in the same geographic area as the closing school.
(4) The original school shall notify affected students individually of the availability and total cost of the arrangement or teach-out agreement, and diligently advertise such availability. The agreements among institutions may provide that these notices may be sent by the school(s) that are accepting students from the original school.
(5) The school that is closing or has closed shall submit to the board a list of all students who were enrolled at the time of closure, and indicate on it the arrangements made for each student to complete his or her education.
(6) The original school shall dispose of school records per rule 4713-5-11 of the Administrative Code.(Effective: 4/25/2017 Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 01/30/2017 and 04/25/2022 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 4713.08(A)(1), 4713.08(A) 20 Rule Amplifies: 4713.20, 4713.44, 4713.45, 4713.46, 4713.64, 4713.641 Prior Effective Dates: 8/26/2016)