Ohio Admin. Code 4733-37-05 - Plat of survey
Current through all regulations passed and filed through March 11, 2022
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4733.07
Rule Amplifies: 4733.20
Prior Effective Dates: 05/01/1980, 11/01/2003
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 4733-37-05. Plat of survey
(A) The surveyor shall prepare a scale drawing of every individual survey, or drawings comprising all of the surveys when they are contiguous, in which the surveyor retraces previously established property lines or establishes new boundaries.
(B) A copy of this drawing shall be given to the client. When required, another copy shall be filed with the appropriate public agencies.
(C) The surveyor shall include the following details:
(1) A title such that the general location of the survey can be identified. The title shall include, but not be limited to: state, county, civil township or municipality, and original land subdivision description.
(2) A north arrow with a clear statement as to the basis of the reference direction used.
(3) The control station(s) or line cited in the description and the relationship of the property to this control must be referenced to an established monumented point of beginning such as, but not limited to: centerline intersection of streets or highways record, section or quarter section corners, Virginia military survey corners or lines, or platted lot corners. The type of monuments set or found at the control stations shall be noted.
(4) A notation at each corner of the property stating that the boundary monument specified in the deed description was found, or that a boundary monument was set, or a legend of the symbols used to identify monumentation. In addition, there shall be a statement describing the material and size of every monument found or set.
(5) A general notation describing the evidence of occupation that may be found along every boundary line or occupation line.
(6) The length and direction of each line as specified in the description of the property or as determined in the actual survey if this differs from what is stated in the deed description by more than the tolerance specified in paragraph (B) of rule 4733-37-04 of the Administrative Code. The length and direction shall be stated as follows:-.
(a) Bearings expressed in degrees, minutes and seconds and distances expressed in feet and decimal parts thereof on each course. If a metric equivalent distance is stated, it shall be stated to the third decimal place.
(b) All curved lines shall indicate the radius, central angle, curve length, chord bearing and chord distance.
(c) Each course shall show other common lines such as centerline of roads, rivers, streams, section lines, quarter section lines, half section lines or other pertinent common lines of record.
(7) A citation of pertinent documents and sources of data used as a basis for carrying out the work. The citation shall include, but not be limited to: current deeds as of the date of the survey, prior deeds or other documents of record, and available deeds of record for adjoining parcels along each boundary line of the survey. If the adjoining parcel is a recorded subdivision, only the subdivision name, recording information and lot numbers need to be shown.
(8) The written and graphical scale of the drawing.
(9) The date of the survey.
(10) The surveyor's printed name and Ohio registration number, signature and seal (in a form which may clearly reproduce on any copies which may be made of the original drawing).
(11) The area contained within the perimeter of the surveyed parcel.
(12) All references to roads or railroads contiguous to the surveyed parcel shall use current names or names of record and applicable right of way widths, if available.
(13) All references to rivers or streams shall use current names of record, if available.(R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/09/2014 and 05/09/2019 Promulgated Under: 119.03 Statutory Authority: 4733.07 Rule Amplifies: 4733.20 Prior Effective Dates: 05/01/1980, 11/01/2003)