58 Pa. Code § 503a.2 - Request for casino self-exclusion
Current through Register Vol. 51, No. 52, December 25, 2021
PENNSYLVANIA GAMING CONTROL BOARD OFFICE OF COMPULSIVE AND
P.O. BOX 69060
HARRISBURG, PA 17106-9060
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
§ 503a.2.Request for self-exclusion.
(a) A person requesting placement on the self-exclusion list shall submit, in person, a completed Request for Voluntary Self-exclusion from Gaming Activities Form to the Board. The submission may be made by scheduling an appointment at the Board’s Harrisburg office, one of the Board’s other offices or at a licensed facility. To make an appointment, a person may contact the OCPG at (717) 346-8300.
(b) A request for self-exclusion must include the following identifying information:
(1) Name, including any aliases or nicknames.
(2) Date of birth.
(3) Address of current residence.
(4) Telephone number.
(5) Social Security number, when voluntarily provided in accordance with section 7 of the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C.A. § 552a).
(6) Physical description of the person, including height, weight, gender, hair color, eye color and any other physical characteristic that may assist in the identification of the person.
(c) The information provided in subsection (b) shall be updated by the self-excluded person within 30 days of a change. Updated information shall be submitted on a Change of Information Form to the following address. A copy of the form can be obtained by calling the OPCG at (717) 346-8300 or by writing to:
PENNSYLVANIA GAMING CONTROL BOARD
OFFICE OF COMPULSIVE AND PROBLEM GAMBLING
P. O. BOX 69060
HARRISBURG, PA 17106-9060
(d) The length of self-exclusion requested by a person must be one of the following:
(1) One year (12 months).
(2) Five years.
(e) A request for self-exclusion must include a signed release which:
(1) Acknowledges that the request for self-exclusion has been made voluntarily.
(2) Certifies that the information provided in the request for self-exclusion is true and accurate.
(3) Acknowledges that the individual requesting self-exclusion is a problem gambler.
(4) Acknowledges that a person requesting a lifetime exclusion is prohibited from requesting removal from the self-exclusion list and that a person requesting a 1-year or 5-year exclusion will remain on the self-exclusion list until a request for removal under § 503a.5 (relating to removal from self-exclusion list) is approved.
(5) Acknowledges that if the individual is discovered on the gaming floor, in areas off the gaming floor where gaming activity is conducted or engaging in gaming related activities at any licensed facility, that the individual will be subject to removal and arrest for criminal trespass under 18 Pa.C.S. § 3503 (relating to criminal trespass) and the individual’s winnings will be subject to confiscation and remittance to support compulsive and problem gambling programs.
(6) Releases, indemnifies, holds harmless and forever discharges the Commonwealth, the Board and all slot machine licensees from claims, damages, losses, expenses or liability arising out of, by reason of or relating to the self-excluded person or to any other party for any harm, monetary or otherwise, which may arise as a result of one or more of the following:
(i) The failure of a slot machine licensee to withhold gaming privileges from or restore gaming privileges to a self-excluded person.
(ii) Otherwise permitting or not permitting a self-excluded person to engage in gaming activity in a licensed facility while on the list of self-excluded persons.
(iii) Confiscation of the individual’s winnings.
(f) Self-exclusions for 1 year or 5 years remain in effect until the period of self-exclusion concludes and the person requests removal from the Board’s self-exclusion list under § 503a.5.
(g) A person submitting a self-exclusion request shall present a valid government-issued photo identification containing the person’s signature and photograph when the person submits the request.
(h) A person requesting self-exclusion under this chapter shall have a photograph taken by the Board, or agent thereof, upon acceptance of the request to be on the list.
The provisions of this § 503a.2 amended under the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act, 4 Pa.C.S. § § 1202(b)(15) and (30), 1207(2), (5), (8) and (9), 1212, 13A02(2), 13A26(c), 1509, 1516, 1518(a)(13) and 1602.
The provisions of this § 503a.2 amended November 7, 2014, effective November 8, 2014, 44 Pa.B. 7057. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (370378) and (331291).
This section cited in 58 Pa. Code § 503a.3 (relating to self-exclusion list); 58 Pa. Code § 503a.4 (relating to duties of slot machine licensees); and 58 Pa. Code § 503a.5 (relating to removal from self-exclusion list).