Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0880-10-.10 - RANGE OF SERVICES/SUPERVISION
(1) Supervision is defined as the active and continuous overview of the orthopedic physician assistant's services to ensure that the supervising orthopedic physician's directions and orders are being implemented properly. The constant physical presence of the orthopedic physician is not required so long as the supervising orthopedic physician and the orthopedic physician assistant are, or can be, immediately in contact with each other by radio, telephone, or telecommunications while the services are being provided. An appropriate degree of supervision includes personal and regular (at least weekly) review of all patient records by the supervising orthopedic physician, as indicated by the physician's signature/initials.
(2) A supervising orthopedic physician may supervise a maximum of two (2) orthopedic physician assistants.
(3) An orthopedic physician assistant may provide only those services which are commensurate with the orthopedic physician assistant's education, training, and experience.
(4) An orthopedic physician assistant may not make any definitive diagnosis or prescribe any treatment program except as set forth in the written protocol and procedures which have been established by the supervising orthopedic physician in consultation with the orthopedic physician assistant.
(5) An orthopedic physician assistant may not write prescriptions for any drugs and may not use prescriptions which have been pre-signed by the supervising orthopedic physician or anyone else.
(6) An orthopedic physician assistant may dispense only those medications which have been contemporaneously approved for a patient by the supervising orthopedic physician.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-19-104, 63-19-201, 63-19-203, 63-19-204, 63-19-205, 63-19-206, 63-19-207, and 63-19-208.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.