Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1200-23-07-.03 - ADJUNCTIVE TERMS
(1) "All-Pure, 100%" means to consist entirely of material thus described and permitting no tolerance whatsoever.
(2) "Batting or felt" means textile fibers that have been carded in layers or sheets by garnett or felting machine and free from scrapes or clippings.
(3) "Blended" means textile filling material composed of two (2) or more fibers. E.g., cotton linters, and cotton by-products (not a mix of different genera).
(4) "Boric acid treatment" means filling material that has been treated with boric acid solution as a flame retardant. E.g., blended cotton felt boric acid treatment.
(5) "Card, Stripes, Stripping" means fibers produced by, or removed from, carding cloth following the carding process. (The name of the textile fiber from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
(6) "Cemented" means filling material that has been shredded, cut or broken into pieces of indefinite shape, size or form and cemented together.
(7) "Colored" means dyed.
(8) "Comber or coils" means fibers produced by, or removed from, the combing process of textile fibers. (The name of textile fiber from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
(9) "Damaged" means filling material which in whole or part has deteriorated through excessive exposure to the elements, faulty storage, fire, water or otherwise, or that has a disagreeable odor or has begun to disintegrate.
(10) "Dyed" means filling material that has been treated and impregnated with coloring matter.
(11) "Fly" means fibers that come off of the machines during carding, drawing or similar textile operations. (The name of textile fiber from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
(12) "Garnetted" means a material that has been made into thread, yarn or fabric and subsequently reduced to a fibrous state and processed through a garnett machine.
(13) "Label" means the bedding tag as specified in Tennessee Code Annotated § 68-15-202, 68-15-203, 68-15-204 and/or 68-15-205.
(14) "Miscellaneous waste fibers" means a blend or mixture of undetermined percentages of two (2) or more different kinds of fibers. (The name(s) of the fiber(s) are not required in the definition.)
(15) "Molded" means the filling material that has been made in a mold in the shape in which it is intended to be used.
(16) "Motes" means picker or picker motes.
(17) "Napper" means short fibers or lint removed during the process of raising the face of cloth. (The name of the textile fiber from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
(18) "Picker or picker motes" means tangled fiber waste resulting from opening and cleaning fibers in the opener room of the textile mill. (The name of the textile fiber from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
(19) "Oily" means filling material containing oil in excess of the allowable percentage.
(20) "Pad" means filling material that is interwoven, punched, pressed, formed, shaped or otherwise fabricated into a pad.
(21) "Pieces" means filling material that has been cut or broken into pieces of indefinite shape, size or form, but not shredded.
(22) "Rubberized" means filling material that has received a latex application.
(23) "Resinated or Resin Treated" means filling material that has received a resin application.
(24) "Shredded" means filling material that has been subjected to the shredding process.
(25) "Trash" means shell, shale, stick, stem, leaf, seed, hull, boll and foreign matter common to vegetable fibers.
(26) "Secondhand" means any article of bedding or material or part of bedding or material of which prior use of any kind has been made; and an article of bedding shall be deemed to be secondhand if the article contains any previously used material in whole or in part.
(27) "Used" means secondhand.
(28) "Waste" means by-products or reclaimed material that has not been used previously. E.g., cotton waste, wool waste, or textile fiber waste. (The name of the material from which it was produced must precede the definition.)
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204 and 68-15-201 et seq.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.