Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1370-01-.08 - EXAMINATIONS
All persons intending to apply for licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist or Audiologist in Tennessee must successfully complete examinations pursuant to this Rule.
(1) The Specialty Area Tests in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology of the Professional Assessments for Beginning Teachers (Praxis Test) must be completed prior to application for licensure.
(2) Evidence of successful completion must be submitted by the examining agency directly to the Board's Administrative Office as part of the application process pursuant to Rule 1370-01-.05.
(3) The Board adopts the Praxis Test, or its successor examination, as its licensure examination. Successful completion of examination is a prerequisite to licensure pursuant to Rule 1370-01-.05.
(4) The Board adopts the ASHA determination as to the passing score on the Praxis Test or successor examination.
(5) The Tennessee Jurisprudence Exam, established by the Board on the rules and statutes, must be successfully completed prior to licensure and/or reinstatement of licensure.
Authority: T.C.A. §§ 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-17-105, 63-17-110, and 63-17-111.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.