(1) Each individual desiring to commercial fish in waters designated for limited quota commercial fishery must complete an application supplied by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. Only one application per individual is permitted. If an individual's name appears on more than one (1) application, that individual will be rejected, his permit fee forfeited, and will be subject to prosecution.
(2) Each applicant must possess a valid commercial fishing license prior to completing an application.
(3) Any person who has, within the previous twenty-four (24) month period been convicted of a commercial fishing violation resulting in suspension of commercial fishing privileges or who is under any probation or suspended sentence for conviction of a commercial fishing violation, shall be ineligible for such drawing.
(4) All information requested on the application must be completed by the applicant. Failure to clearly specify all information will result in the application being returned.
(5) Each application shall be accompanied by a permit deposit of $500. Unsuccessful applicants will be reimbursed their fee within twenty (20) working days following the drawing. Successful applicants shall have this fee applied against their harvest fee.
(6) All applications must be postmarked no later than midnight, or hand delivered to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Regional Office concerned, by the close of business hours of the date specified in the advertisement for the drawing. Applications not complying with the deadline will be rejected.
(7) Such drawing will be scheduled, advertised, and held by the Regional manager or his designated representative no later than eight (8) weeks prior to the opening of the designated fishery.
(8) Specific gear restrictions, seasons, and other regulatory, management, or administrative costs or procedures shall be established by written contract between TWRA and permit holders. A copy of such contract shall be a part of the advertisement of the permit fishery.
Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1660-01-05-.01
Original rule certified May 8, 1974. Repeal filed December 3, 1979; effective January 17, 1980. New rule filed June 11, 1981; effective July 27, 1981. Amendment filed March 31, 2000; effective June 14, 2000.
Authority: T.C.A. §§51-134,70-1-206, and 70-4-107.