4 Tex. Admin. Code § 228.1 - Written Prescribed Burn Plan Required
(a) To ensure effective planning necessary to achieve desired effects from prescribed burning, a written prescribed burn plan must be completed by the certified and insured prescribed burn manager in advance of the planned prescribed burn. The prescribed burn plan should provide reasonable assurance that the prescribed burn will be confined to the predetermined area and conducted in a manner that will accomplish the land management objectives.
(b) A written prescribed burn plan must include, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) purpose of burn;
(2) location and description of the area to be burned;
(3) personnel required for managing the fire;
(4) type and amount of vegetation to be burned;
(5) area (acres) to be burned;
(6) fire prescription and firing techniques, including smoke management components;
(7) safety and contingency plans addressing escaped fires and smoke management; and
(8) criteria the certified and insured prescribed burn manager will use for making burn/no burn decisions.
(c) For burns conducted during a burn ban, the Burn/Do Not Burn checklist described in subsection (b)(8) of this section must also be in writing.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.