4 Tex. Admin. Code § 228.4 - Conducting Burns During a Burn Ban
(a) All TCEQ, state and local requirements for outdoor burning shall apply at all times.
(b) A certified and insured prescribed burn manager may not conduct a burn in a county in which a current Governor's and/or Presidential Declaration of Emergency or Disaster is in effect that expressly prohibits all outdoor burning.
(c) The certified and insured prescribed burn manager must provide written notification to the county commissioners court and the county judge, or designee, prior to the prescribed burn including the following:
(1) the location where the prescribed burn is to take place;
(2) the name of the certified and insured prescribed burn manager; and
(3) contact information for the certified and insured prescribed burn manager, including, but not limited to: address and emergency contact telephone numbers.
(d) The certified and insured prescribed burn manager must also provide notification prior to and upon completion of the burn to:
(1) the county sheriff's office;
(2) the TCEQ regional office;
(3) the TFS central dispatch office;
(4) fire suppression entities serving the area located immediately within the jurisdiction where the burn is located; and
(5) the local emergency response dispatch office.
(e) When burning during a burn ban, all certified and insured prescribed burn managers are required to establish and adhere to a written Burn/Do Not Burn checklist.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.