4 Tex. Admin. Code § 229.3 - Approval for Continuing Fire Training Activity
(a) For a training activity to be approved as eligible for CFT credit, the activity must be submitted to the Board, Board Chairman, or Lead Burn Instructor for approval.
(b) To be approved by the board, Board Chairman, or Lead Burn Instructor a sponsor must:
(1) submit a completed application to the Board at least 30 days prior to the date of the CFT activity;
(2) demonstrate that the CFT activity will be conducted by a qualified instructor;
(3) provide information demonstrating that the activity has significant educational or practical content to ensure competency of participants;
(4) utilize a Board-approved record keeping procedure to record attendance;
(5) demonstrate that all CFT activities relate to prescribed burning and will cover one or more of the following topics:
(A) safety factors;
(B) environmental consequences;
(C) burning techniques;
(D) equipment characteristics;
(E) laws and regulations;
(F) advanced technology; or
(G) smoke management.
(c) All CFT activities must comply with applicable federal and state laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements for access to activities.
(d) The Board, Board Chairman, or Lead Burn Instructor will respond within 10 business days of receipt of the application and approve, deny, or request additional information from the sponsor.
(e) Approval of training courses is only valid for twelve months from the date of approval.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.