Utah Admin. Code R512-305-4 - Transition to Adult Living Placement for a Youth in Child and Family Services Custody

Current through Bulletin 2022-07, April 1, 2022

(1) A TAL placement may be used as an alternative to out-of-home care when it is determined that such a placement is in the best interest of the youth.
(2) The appropriate types of living arrangements for youth in this situation include:
(a) living with kin;
(b) living with former out-of-home caregivers while paying rent;
(c) living in the community with roommates;
(d) living alone;
(e) living in a group facility, Young Women Christian Association, boarding house, or dorm; or
(f) living with an adult who has passed a background check or the placement was assessed and approved by the region director or designee.
(3) This recommendation will be presented to the child and family team, who will work to ensure that this type of placement is appropriate and that the following guidelines are met:
(a) a TAL placement may be used as an out-of-home care placement;
(b) a youth must be at least 16 years of age to be in a TAL placement;
(c) the child and family team is responsible to determine if a recommendation for a TAL placement for a youth is appropriate;
(d) the region director or designee may approve a TAL placement;
(e) the caseworker and youth shall complete a contract outlining responsibilities and expectations while in the TAL placement;
(f) the caseworker shall visit with and monitor progress of the youth at least twice monthly or at an interval determined by the child and family team;
(g) the youth may receive a TAL stipend while in the TAL placement; and
(h) if the TAL placement is not successful, the child and family team shall meet to determine, with the youth, a more appropriate living arrangement.


Utah Admin. Code R512-305-4
Amended by Utah State Bulletin Number 2016-4 , effective 1/21/2016 Amended by Utah State Bulletin Number 2019-3, effective 1/9/2019 Amended by Utah State Bulletin Number 2022-07, effective 3/11/2022

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.