Utah Admin. Code R512-311-4 - Duties of the Oversight Panel
Current through Bulletin 2022-07, April 1, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) The Oversight Panel shall monitor foster children:
(a) six years old or younger who are being prescribed one or more psychotropic medication; and
(b) seven years old or older who are being prescribed two or more psychotropic medications.
(2) The children shall be referred to the Oversight Panel by the Fostering Healthy Children nurse.
(3) The Oversight Panel may request information and/or records related to the foster child's health care history, including psychotropic medication history and mental and behavioral health history, including trauma assessment and trauma treatment history, from the foster child's current or past caseworker; the foster child; the foster parents; the natural parents; the legal guardians from whom the child was removed; and/or the foster child's current or past health care provider. The caseworker and/or nurse shall assist in obtaining the information and records requested by the oversight.
(4) The Oversight Panel may review and monitor information about the foster child, make recommendations to the foster child's health care providers concerning the foster child's psychotropic medication or the foster child's mental or behavioral health.
(5) The oversight Panel shall provide these recommendations to the foster child's parent or legal guardians from whom the child was removed, and to the child's caseworker after discussing the recommendations with the foster child's current health care providers.