Utah Admin. Code R512-43-4 - Reimbursement of Non-Recurring Adoption Expenses
Current through Bulletin 2022-07, April 1, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) A parent who adopts a child meeting all of the qualifying factors for adoption assistance listed in R512-43-3(2) may be reimbursed for non-recurring adoption expenses on behalf of the child.
(2) A parent may be reimbursed up to $2,000 per child for allowable non-recurring expenses directly related to the legal adoption of a child with a special need. Reimbursement shall be limited to costs approved by the regional adoption assistance committee.
(3) Expenses may include reasonable and necessary adoption fees, court costs, adoption-related attorney fees, pre-placement adoptive evaluation, health and psychological examinations of adoptive parents, post-placement adoptive evaluation prior to adoption, and transportation and reasonable costs of lodging and food for the child and/or adoptive parents during the placement or adoption process.
(4) Adoptive parents are responsible to provide necessary receipts for reimbursement.
(5) Only costs that are incurred in accordance with State and Federal law and that have not been reimbursed from other sources or funds may be included.
(6) Non-recurring adoption expenses are reimbursable through Title IV-E Adoption Assistance. The child does not have to be determined Title IV-E eligible for the parents to receive this reimbursement.