Utah Admin. Code R512-43-7 - Supplemental Adoption Assistance
Current through Bulletin 2022-07, April 1, 2022
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) A child meeting all qualifying criteria for a monthly subsidy and for whom an adoption assistance agreement for a monthly subsidy or state medical assistance is in effect may qualify for supplemental adoption assistance.
(2) Supplemental adoption assistance may only be used for extraordinary, infrequent, or uncommon documented needs not otherwise covered by a monthly subsidy, state medical assistance, or other public benefits for which a child who has a special need is eligible.
(3) Supplemental adoption assistance is not an entitlement, and will be granted only when justified by unique needs of the child and when all other resources for which a child is eligible have been exhausted.
(4) Supplemental adoption assistance requests up to $3,000 will be considered and are subject to the approval of the regional adoption assistance committee.
(5) Supplemental adoption assistance requests from $3,001 to $10,000 shall be considered by the appropriate regional advisory committee established under Subsection 62A-4a-905(2).
(6) Supplemental adoption assistance requests exceeding $10,001 shall be considered by a state level advisory committee with the same membership composition as the regional advisory committees.
(7) Recommendations from the advisory committee are subject to the approval of the Region Director or designee.
(8) Any obligation made or expense incurred by a family prior to approval shall not be reimbursed with supplemental adoption assistance funds unless approval is granted by the Region Director.
(9) A request for an amendment or extension of an existing supplemental adoption assistance agreement will be reviewed by the same committee that reviewed the initial request. If the total amount of multiple requests in a year is $3,000 to $10,000, the request shall be submitted to the appropriate regional advisory committee. If the request exceeds $10,000, the request shall be submitted to the state level advisory committee.
(10) Supplemental adoption assistance is subject to the availability of state funds appropriated for adoption assistance.