Utah Admin. Code R590-126-1 - Authority
This rule is issued by the insurance commissioner pursuant to the following provisions of the Utah Insurance Code:
(1) Subsection 31A-2-201(3)(a) authorizes rules to implement the Insurance Code;
(2) Sections 31A-2-202 and 31A-23a-412 authorize the commissioner to request reports, conduct examinations, and inspect records of any licensee;
(3) Subsection 31A-22-605(4) requires the commissioner to adopt rules to establish standards for disclosure in the sale of, and benefits to be provided by individual and franchise accident and health polices;
(4) Section 31A-22-623 authorizes the commissioner to establish by rule minimum standards of coverage for dietary products for inborn metabolic errors;
(5) Section 31A-22-626 authorizes the commissioner to establish by rule minimum standards of coverage for diabetes for accident and health insurance;
(6) Subsection 31A-23a-402(8) authorizes the commissioner to define by rule acts and practices that are unfair and unreasonable; and
(7) Subsection 31A-26-301(1) authorizes the commissioner to set standards for timely payment of claims.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.