Utah Admin. Code R590-142-3 - Definitions
Terms used in this rule are defined in Sections 31A-1-301, 31A-23a-102, 31A-23b-102, 31A-26-102, and 31A-35-102. Additional terms are defined as follows:
(1) "Classroom course" means:
(a) a course of study that:
(i) is taught on-site by a live instructor at the same location;
(ii) requires monitoring of a student; and
(iii) may require examination of course content by a student; or
(b) an interactive course of study that:
(i) is taught by a live instructor from a separate location;
(A) is delivered to a student via:
(III) webinar; or
(IV) another method acceptable to the commissioner; or
(ii) is not taught by a live instructor;
(A) is delivered to a student via computer; or
(B) another method acceptable to the commissioner;
(iii) requires two-way interaction between a student and the instrument of instruction;
(iv) requires monitoring of a student; and
(v) requires examination of course content by a student.
(2) "Credit hour" means one 50-minute period of insurance -related instruction consisting of:
(a) a classroom course;
(b) a home study course; or
(c) another method acceptable to the commissioner.
(3) "Designated internet site" means an internet site that is designated by the commissioner for a registered provider to submit a student's course completion information.
(4) "Home study course" means a non-interactive course of study that:
(a) is not taught by a live instructor;
(b) is completed by a student via:
(ii) video recording, if the video is professionally produced;
(iii) text book; or
(iv) another method acceptable to the commissioner;
(c) does not require two-way interaction between a student and the instrument of instruction;
(d) does not require monitoring of a student; and
(e) requires examination of course content by the student.
(5) "Insurance -related instruction" means the amount of time assigned by the commissioner to a course of study to satisfy the requirements of continuing education credit hours under this rule, when the assignment of value shall be made based on :
(b) presentation; and
(6) "Monitoring of a student" means a person or system that verifies participation in and completion of a course.
(7) "Nonprofit provider" means an organization that fits the definition of nonprofit corporation as defined in Subsection 16-6a-102(35).
(8) "Registered provider" means a person who:
(a) satisfies the requirements of Sections R590-142-8 and R590-142-9; and
(b) offers a course of study or a program for credit that satisfies the continuing education requirements of this rule.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.