Utah Admin. Code R590-225-10 - Additional Procedures for Title Rate Filings
Current through Bulletin No. 2021-18, September 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) Title rate and a supplementary information filing are "File Before Use" filings. Rates and supplementary information shall be filed with the commissioner 30 days prior to use.
(2) Each change or amendment to any schedule of rates shall state the effective date of the change or amendment, which may not be less than 30 days after the date of filing. Any change or amendment remains in force for a period of at least 90 days from its effective date.
(3) Supplementary information and rate filings must be supported and justified by each insurer. Justification must include submission of all factors used in determining initial supplementary information and rates or changes in existing supplementary information and rates along with a complete explanation as to the extent to which each factor has been used.
(4) Rates that vary by risk classification such as extended coverage or standard coverage, and all discount factors, such as refinance, subdivision, or construction for purpose of resale discounts, must be supported by differences in expected losses or expenses.
(5) No rate may be filed or used which would require the title insurer or any title agency or producer to operate at less than the cost of doing business or adequately underwriting the title insurance policies.