Utah Admin. Code R590-254-9 - Scope of Audit and Report of Independent Certified Public Accountant
Current through Bulletin No. 2021-18, September 15, 2021
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
(1) Financial statements furnished pursuant to R590-254-5 shall be examined by the independent certified public accountant.
(2) The audit of the insurer's financial statements shall be conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
(3) In accordance with AU Section 319 of the Professional Standards of the AICPA, Consideration of Internal Control in a Financial Statement Audit, the independent certified public accountant should obtain an understanding of internal control sufficient to plan the audit.
(4) To the extent required by AU 319, for those insurers required to file a Management's Report of Internal Control over Financial Reporting pursuant to R590-254-16, the independent certified public accountant should consider, as that term is defined in Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 102, Defining Professional Requirements in Statements on Auditing Standards or its replacement, the most recently available report in planning and performing the audit of the statutory financial statements.
(5) Consideration shall be given to the procedures illustrated in the Financial Condition Examiners Handbook promulgated by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as the independent certified public accountant deems necessary.