R978-1-7 - Education Programs
R978-1-7. Education Programs
(1) The department shall administer the State Approving Agency (SAA) for Veterans Education as directed in Subsection 71-8-3(1)(e).
(2) The SAA shall perform all duties necessary for the inspection, approval and supervision of educational programs offered by qualified educational institutions, training establishments, and tests for licensing and certification in accordance with the standards and provisions of 38 U.S.C. 30, 32, 33, 35, and 36, and 10 U.S.C. 1606 and 1607.
(3) The SSA shall provide in-depth technical assistance and outreach liaison with all related organizations, agencies, individuals and activities to help veterans and other eligible persons achieve their educational and vocational goals.
(4) The SSA shall reach out to eligible persons and inform them of their benefits through the GI Bill, which will assist veterans in making the most informed decision toward their vocational and educational goals.
(5) The SSA shall perform other duties and functions as determined by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs via annual contract for SSA services.(Amended by Utah State Bulletin Number 2017-11, effective 5/9/2017)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.