2 Va. Admin. Code § 5-360-30 - Expression of guarantees
A. The sliding scale method of expressing guarantees (for example, "Protein 15-18%") is prohibited, except as specifically allowed in the Act or in this chapter.
B. Vitamins, when guaranteed, shall be expressed in milligrams per pound of feed, except that:
1. Vitamin A shall be stated in International Units per pound, except for precursors of Vitamin A.
2. Vitamin D, when used in products for poultry feeding, shall be expressed in International Chick Units.
3. Vitamin D for other uses shall be expressed in International Units per pound.
4. Vitamin E shall be expressed in International Units per pound of feed.
C. The common feed or mineral guarantees are not required for any product represented solely to be a vitamin supplement which is labeled with a minimum vitamin guarantee as specified in subsection D of 2VAC5-360-40.
D. When calcium, salt, and sodium guarantees are given in the guaranteed analysis, such shall be stated and conform to the following:
1. When the minimum is below 2.5%, the maximum shall not exceed the minimum by more than 0.5 percentage point.
2. When the minimum is 2.5% but less than 5.0%, the maximum shall not exceed the minimum by more than one percentage point.
3. When the minimum is 5.0% or greater, the maximum shall not exceed the minimum by more than 20% of the minimum and in no case shall the maximum exceed the minimum by more than five percentage points.
E. When stated, guarantees for minimum and maximum total calcium, salt, and sodium; minimum potassium, magnesium, sulfur, phosphorus; and maximum fluorine shall be in terms of percentage. Other minimum mineral guarantees shall be stated in parts per million (ppm) when the concentration is less than 10,000 ppm and in percentage when the concentration is 10,000 ppm (1.0%) or greater. All guaranteed minerals except salt (NaCl), shall be stated in terms of the element.
§ 3.2-4801 of the Code of Virginia.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.