Agency 30 - DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES
- Chapter 10 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-10-10 to 1VAC30-10-70)
- Chapter 11 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES (Part I to III)
- Chapter 20 - SURVEY STANDARDS FOR THE INSPECTION OF HOSPITALS FOR THE PRESENCE OF ASBESTOS (§ 1VAC30-20-10 to 1VAC30-20-120:2)
- Chapter 30 - SURVEY STANDARDS FOR THE INSPECTION OF CHILD CARE CENTERS FOR THE PRESENCE OF ASBESTOS (§ 1VAC30-30-10 to 1VAC30-30-120:2)
- Chapter 40 - REGULATIONS FOR THE CERTIFICATION OF LABORATORIES ANALYZING DRINKING WATER (§ 1VAC30-40-10 et seq)
- Chapter 41 - REGULATION FOR THE CERTIFICATION OF LABORATORIES ANALYZING DRINKING WATER (Part I to V)
- Chapter 45 - CERTIFICATION FOR NONCOMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENTAL LABORATORIES (Part I to II)
- Chapter 46 - ACCREDITATION FOR COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENTAL LABORATORIES (Part I to II)
- Chapter 50 - REGULATIONS FOR BREATH ALCOHOL TESTING [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-50-10 to 1VAC30-50-180)
- Chapter 60 - REGULATIONS FOR THE APPROVAL OF INDEPENDENT LABORATORIES TO ANALYZE BLOOD FOR DRUGS IN DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE CASES [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-60-10 to 1VAC30-60-200)
- Chapter 70 - REGULATIONS FOR APPROVAL OF INDEPENDENT LABORATORIES TO CONDUCT BLOOD ALCOHOL ANALYSES IN DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE CASES [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-70-10 to 1VAC30-70-170)
- Chapter 80 - RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE HANDLING OF FORENSIC WORK - DIVISION OF FORENSIC SCIENCE [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-80-10 to 1VAC30-80-20)
- Chapter 90 - REGULATIONS FOR THE APPROVAL OF FIELD TESTS FOR DETECTION OF DRUGS [REPEALED] (§ 1VAC30-90-10 to 1VAC30-90-30)
- Chapter 100 - REGULATIONS FOR CAPITOL SQUARE (§ 1VAC30-100-10)
- Chapter 105 - REGULATIONS BANNING CONCEALED FIREARMS IN OFFICES OWNED OR OCCUPIED BY EXECUTIVE BRANCH AGENCIES (§ 1VAC30-105-10 to 1VAC30-105-80)
- Chapter 110 - AGGRESSIVE AIR SAMPLING STANDARDS TO BE UTILIZED IN FINAL CLEARANCE INSPECTIONS FOR ASBESTOS PROJECTS IN LOCAL EDUCATION AGENCIES AND PUBLIC COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA (§ 1VAC30-110-10 to 1VAC30-110-80)
- Chapter 120 - FEDERAL PROPERTY AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ACT OF 1949, AS AMENDED (§ 1VAC30-120-10 to 1VAC30-120-160)
- Chapter 130 - AGENCY PROCUREMENT AND SURPLUS PROPERTY MANUAL (§ 1VAC30-130-10)
- Chapter 140 - VENDORS MANUAL (§ 1VAC30-140-10)
- Chapter 150 - REGULATIONS FOR PUBLIC USE OF ROBERT E. LEE MONUMENT, RICHMOND, VA (§ 1VAC30-150-10 to 1VAC30-150-50)
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
The Department of General Services is an intra-governmental service agency that primarily provides services to state agencies and institutions of higher education and to many local governments, boards, and authorities. The department may prescribe rules and regulations necessary or incidental to the performance of its duties or execution of its powers. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 1.
Major categories of services provided by the department include, but are not limited to, capital outlay, graphics, laboratories, procurement, real property management, warehousing and distribution, and facilities management at the seat of government.
The department operates under the supervision of the Secretary of Administration. Regulations are available at the division offices as indicated or at the director's office at 1100 Bank Street, Suite 420, Richmond, VA 23219. Internet address: http://www.dgs.virginia.gov/.
DIVISION OF ENGINEERING AND BUILDINGS
The Division of Engineering and Buildings developed and revises the Construction and Professional Services Manual dealing with the actual planning and execution of capital outlay projects. The manual and General Conditions of Capital Outlay Projects are available on the divisions website at http://dgs.virginia.gov/DivisionofEngineeringandBuildings/BCOM/tabid/375/Default.aspx.
The division acts as the building official for state-owned buildings and is authorized to prescribe standards of maintenance and utilization for state-owned buildings. It is authorized to prescribe and require standards for energy conservation and for accessibility to state-owned buildings by persons who are disabled. It is required to promulgate guidelines for state agencies to follow with regard to the acquisition of real property and to review acquisitions and disposals of real property, including easements, and interest therein by state agencies and recommend approval or disapproval to the Governor (except certain acquisitions by the Department of Transportation and the Virginia Outdoors Foundation). The division is required to develop and administer real property management policies and procedures; and with the Department of Forestry and the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, develop and administer timber and mineral management plans, respectively. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 4.
The division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all state buildings, grounds and other state property at the seat of government not placed in the charge of others, including reviewing applications and issuing permits for functions in Capitol Square and at the Virginia War Memorial Carillon. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 4.
Regulations are available at the office of the Director of the Division of Engineering and Buildings, 1100 Bank Street, 5th Floor, Richmond, VA 23219.
DIVISION OF CONSOLIDATED LABORATORY SERVICES
The Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services is authorized to provide certain laboratory services, including research and scientific investigations, for state agencies, any law-enforcement agency and members of the medical profession, and to establish and conduct programs of inspection and certification of other laboratories in the Commonwealth as mandated by the federal Safe Drinking Water Act and state requirements pursuant to the Act. The division is required to establish by regulation a program for the certification of laboratories conducting any tests, analyses, measurements, or monitoring required pursuant to the Air Pollution Control Law, the Virginia Waste Management Act or the State Water Control Law and to establish by regulation a fee system to offset the costs of the certification program. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 2.
Regulations are available at the division's principal office at 600 N. 5th St., Richmond, VA 23219.
DIVISION OF PURCHASES AND SUPPLY
The Division of Purchases and Supply is charged with the responsibility of providing for the standardization and centralized procurement of all nontechnology materials, equipment, supplies, printing, and nonprofessional services of every description for every authority, department, division, institution, officer, agency and other units of state government, and for local governments if they desire. It is authorized to prescribe the rules and regulations for such purchases. The division is authorized to establish and maintain the Department of General Services electronic procurement system as require by the Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11. It is authorized to establish procedures for the central disposition of state surplus materials and to promulgate regulations to acquire and donate federal surplus property according to requirements of the federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949, as amended. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 3.
The division issues various manuals, forms, and materials for vendors and state entities. Regulations are available at the division's office at 1111 East Broad Street, 6th Floor, Richmond, VA 23218-1199. Internet address: http://www.eva.virginia.gov.
DIVISION OF REAL ESTATE SERVICES
The Division of Real Estate Services provides centralized real estate services to state agencies, It enters and administers leases on behalf of state agencies, promulgates guidelines with regard to the acquisition and disposal of real property, and reviews acquisitions and disposals of real property and interest therein by state agencies and recommends approval or disapproval to the Governor (except certain acquisitions by the Department of Transportation and the Virginia Outdoors Foundation), sells surplus real estate, and maintains real estate records. With the Department of Forestry and the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, the division develops and administers timber and mineral management plans, respectively. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 4.
The division develops and revises the Real Property Management Manual which provides the policies and procedures regarding acquisition, transfer and disposal of real property by state agencies. The manual is available on the divisions website at: http://dgs.virginia.gov/DivisionofRealEstateServices/tabid/174/Default.aspx. Code of Virginia § 2.2-1146
OTHER REGULATIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Written agreements entered into by state-supported institutions of higher education with any foundation affiliated with an institution of higher education to lease property in the possession or control of the institution are subject to guidelines promulgated by and approved by the department. The Secretary of Finance is directed to promulgate guidelines for state-supported institutions of higher education to follow when entering into written agreements with private individuals, firms, corporations, or other entities to lease property in the possession or control of the institution. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 4.
The department, at the direction of the Secretary of Administration and in cooperation with any other appropriate agencies, is authorized to promulgate standards for the inspection of state-owned buildings and local education agency buildings for asbestos. Amendments to these asbestos standards are the responsibility of the administering agency. The department is also responsible for promulgating standards governing aggressive air sampling for airborne asbestos on behalf of local education agencies and public colleges and universities after completion of an asbestos project. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 5.
The department is authorized to promulgate regulations governing the purchase, use, storage, maintenance, repair, and disposal of all passenger-type vehicles owned by the Commonwealth and assigned to the centralized fleet. Regulations promulgated by the Commonwealth Transportation Board remain in effect until the Director of DGS promulgates replacement regulations. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 11, Article 7.
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services (1VAC30-40 et seq.)
Division of Engineering and Buildings (1VAC30-100 et seq.)
Division of Purchases and Supply (1VAC30-120 et seq.)
Division of Real Estate Services
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
- Preface - Agency Summary
- Chapter 10 - Public Participation Guidelines [Repealed] (1VAC30-10-10 to 1VAC30-10-70)
- Chapter 11 - Public Participation Guidelines (Part I to Part III)
- Chapter 20 - Survey Standards for the Inspection of Hospitals for the Presence of Asbestos (1VAC30-20-10 to 1VAC30-20-120:2)
- Chapter 30 - Survey Standards for the Inspection of Child Care Centers for the Presence of Asbestos (1VAC30-30-10 to 1VAC30-30-120:2)
- Chapter 40 - Regulations for the Certification of Laboratories Analyzing Drinking Water [Repealed] (1VAC30-40-10 to 1VAC30-40-370)
- Chapter 41 - Regulation for the Certification of Laboratories Analyzing Drinking Water (Part I to DIBR)
- Chapter 45 - Certification for Noncommercial Environmental Laboratories (Part I to DIBR)
- Chapter 46 - Accreditation for Commercial Environmental Laboratories (Part I to DIBR)
- Chapter 50 - Regulations for Breath Alcohol Testing [Repealed] (1VAC30-50-10)
- Chapter 60 - Regulations for the Approval of Independent Laboratories to Analyze Blood for Drugs in Driving under the Influence Cases [Repealed] (1VAC30-60-10)
- Chapter 70 - Regulations for Approval of Independent Laboratories to Conduct Blood Alcohol Analyses in Driving under Influence Cases [Repealed] (1VAC30-70-10)
- Chapter 80 - Rules and Regulations Governing the Handling of Forensic Work - Division of Forensic Science [Repealed] (1VAC30-80-10 and 1VAC30-80-20)
- Chapter 90 - Regulations for the Approval of Field Tests for Detection of Drugs [Repealed] (1VAC30-90-10)
- Chapter 100 - Regulations for Capitol Square (1VAC30-100-10 and FORMS)
- Chapter 105 - Regulations Banning Concealed Firearms in Offices Owned or Occupied by Executive Branch Agencies (1VAC30-105-10 to 1VAC30-105-80)
- Chapter 110 - Aggressive Air Sampling Standards to Be Utilized in Final Clearance Inspections for Asbestos Projects in Local Education Agencies and Public... (1VAC30-110-10 to 1VAC30-110-80)
- Chapter 120 - Virginia Federal Property Agency - State Plan of Operation (1VAC30-120-10 to FORMS)
- Chapter 130 - Agency Procurement and Surplus Property Manual (1VAC30-130-10)
- Chapter 140 - Vendors Manual (1VAC30-140-10)
- Chapter 150 - Regulations for Public Use of Robert E. Lee Monument, Richmond, Va (1VAC30-150-10 to FORMS)