(1) May I eliminate the certificate of ownership (title) on my manufactured home? You may eliminate the certificate of ownership (title) on your manufactured home provided you own or are purchasing the manufactured home and the land to which it is affixed as defined in RCW 65.20.020 and 65.20.030.
(2) How do I apply to eliminate the certificate of ownership on my manufactured home? You must complete, record and submit a manufactured home application. The application to eliminate the certificate of ownership issued under chapter 46.12 RCW, and record ownership as real property under chapter 65.20 RCW or to transfer ownership in real property to a title under chapter 46.12 RCW, must be signed by all persons having an interest in the land and the manufactured home as defined in RCW 65.20.020.
(3) What conditions must be met before the certificate of ownership can be eliminated?
The following conditions must be met before the certificate of ownership will be eliminated:
(a) The manufactured home must be affixed or be in the process of being affixed to the land.
(b) The building permit office certification box on the elimination application must be completed by the issuing authority stating that the home was affixed or that a building permit has been issued for this purpose as described in RCW 65.20.040(3).
(c) If a title company is involved in the elimination transaction, they must certify that the legal description of the land is true and correct per real property records.
(d) The completed application must be recorded with the county auditor's office in the county where the manufactured home and land are located.
(e) After recording, the original or a certified copy of the elimination application and any other documents required by the department must be submitted to a vehicle licensing office to complete the elimination process with the appropriate fees. A confirmation letter is sent from the department confirming the elimination of the certificate of ownership.
(f) Failure to finalize the elimination process with a vehicle licensing office will render the elimination incomplete until such time the original or certified copy of the recorded application and any other documents required by the department are submitted to a vehicle licensing office with the appropriate fees.
(4) How do I complete the elimination of my manufactured home certificate of ownership with the department? After recording the original or a certified copy of the elimination application and any other documents required, it must be submitted to the department for processing with payment of the applicable fees. After the application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation letter from the department that your manufactured home certificate of ownership has been eliminated.
(5) What are the fees for elimination of a manufactured home title?
The fees for elimination of a manufactured home title are as follows:
(a) Fees as provided in RCW 46.01.140 for each application.
(b) Fees as provided in RCW 46.12.040 for each application.
(c) A fee for each application to transfer a new or used manufactured home as provided in RCW 59.22.080.
(d) A fee of twenty-five dollars for each application to cover the cost of processing documents and performing services as described in RCW 65.20.090.