Jump to navigation
§ 2A-104. LEASES SUBJECT TO OTHER LAW.
- (1) A lease, although subject to this Article, is also subject to any applicable:
- (a) certificate of title statute of this State: (list any certificate of title statutes covering automobiles, trailers, mobile homes, boats, farm tractors, and the like);
- (b) certificate of title statute of another jurisdiction (Section 2A-105); or
- (c) consumer protection statute of this State, or final consumer protection decision of a court of this State existing on the effective date of this Article.
- (2) In case of conflict between this Article, other than Sections 2A-105, 2A-304(3), and 2A-305(3), and a statute or decision referred to in subsection (1), the statute or decision controls.
- (3) Failure to comply with an applicable law has only the effect specified therein.