10 U.S. Code § 409 - Center for Complex Operations
(a) Center Authorized.— The Secretary of Defense may establish a center to be known as the “Center for Complex Operations” (in this section referred to as the “Center”).
(b) Purposes.— The purposes of the Center established under subsection (a) shall be the following:
(1) To provide for effective coordination in the preparation of Department of Defense personnel and other United States Government personnel for complex operations.
(2) To foster unity of effort during complex operations among—
(3) To conduct research; collect, analyze, and distribute lessons learned; and compile best practices in matters relating to complex operations.
(c) Concurrence of the Secretary of State.— The Secretary of Defense shall seek the concurrence of the Secretary of State to the extent the efforts and activities of the Center involve the entities referred to in subparagraphs (B) and (C) of subsection (b)(2).
(d) Support From Other United States Government Departments or Agencies.— The head of any non-Department of Defense department or agency of the United States Government may—
(1) provide to the Secretary of Defense services, including personnel support, to support the operations of the Center; and
(e) Acceptance of Gifts and Donations.—
(1) Subject to paragraph (3), the Secretary of Defense may accept from any source specified in paragraph (2) any gift or donation for purposes of defraying the costs or enhancing the operations of the Center.
(2) The sources specified in this paragraph are the following:
(C) A foundation or other charitable organization, including a foundation or charitable organization that is organized or operates under the laws of a foreign country.
(3) The Secretary may not accept a gift or donation under this subsection if acceptance of the gift or donation would compromise or appear to compromise—
(A) the ability of the Department of Defense, any employee of the Department, or any member of the armed forces to carry out the responsibility or duty of the Department in a fair and objective manner; or
(f) Crediting of Funds Transferred or Accepted.— Funds transferred to or accepted by the Secretary of Defense under this section shall be credited to appropriations available to the Department of Defense for the Center, and shall be available for the same purposes, and subject to the same conditions and limitations, as the appropriations with which merged. Any funds so transferred or accepted shall remain available until expended.
(g) Definitions.— In this section:
(1) The term “complex operation” means an operation as follows:
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.