12 U.S. Code § 1701h–1 - Housing for elderly persons advisory committee

The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall establish, in accordance with the provisions of section 1701h of this title, an advisory committee on matters relating to housing for elderly persons.

(Aug. 7, 1956, ch. 1029, title I, § 104(d), 70 Stat. 1093; Pub. L. 90–19, § 13(a), May 25, 1967, 81 Stat. 24.)
Editorial Notes

Section was enacted as part of the Housing Act of 1956, and not as part of the National Housing Act which comprises this chapter.


1967—Pub. L. 90–19 substituted “Secretary of Housing and Urban Development” for “Housing and Home Finance Administrator”.

Statutory Notes and Related Subsidiaries
Termination of Advisory Committees

Advisory committees in existence on Jan. 5, 1973, to terminate not later than the expiration of the 2-year period following Jan. 5, 1973, unless, in the case of a committee established by the President or an officer of the Federal Government, such committee is renewed by appropriate action prior to the expiration of such 2-year period, or in the case of a committee established by the Congress, its duration is otherwise provided for by law. See section 14 of Pub. L. 92–463, Oct. 6, 1972, 86 Stat. 776, set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.