Quick search by citation:

12 U.S. Code § 2249 - Administrative expenses

The Farm Credit Administration may, within the limits of funds available therefor, make necessary expenditures for personnel services and rent at the seat of Government and elsewhere; contract stenographic reporting services; purchase and exchange lawbooks, books of reference, periodicals, newspapers, expenses of attendance at meetings and conferences; purchase, operation, and maintenance at the seat of Government and elsewhere of motor-propelled passenger-carrying vehicles and other vehicles; printing and binding; and for such other facilities and services, including temporary employment by contract or otherwise, as it may from time to time find necessary for the proper administration of this chapter. The Farm Credit Administration may dispose of property so acquired and any amounts collected from the disposition of such property shall be deposited in the special fund provided for in section 2250(b) of this title and shall be available to the Administration in the same manner and for the same purposes as the funds collected under section 2250(a) of this title.

(Pub. L. 92–181, title V, § 5.14, formerly § 5.15, Dec. 10, 1971, 85 Stat. 620; Pub. L. 96–592, title V, § 505, Dec. 24, 1980, 94 Stat. 3449; renumbered § 5.14 and amended Pub. L. 99–205, title II, § 201(4), Dec. 23, 1985, 99 Stat. 1690.)
Editorial Notes
Prior Provisions

A prior section 5.14 of Pub. L. 92–181 was renumbered section 5.13 and is classified to section 2248 of this title.


1985—Pub. L. 99–205 made technical amendments to the references to sections 2250(b) and 2250(a) of this title appearing in second sentence to reflect the renumbering of the corresponding section of the original act.

1980—Pub. L. 96–592 inserted provisions relating to disposal of property and deposit of amounts from such disposal.

Statutory Notes and Related Subsidiaries
Effective Date of 1985 Amendment

Amendment by Pub. L. 99–205 effective thirty days after Dec. 23, 1985, see section 401 of Pub. L. 99–205, set out as a note under section 2001 of this title.