16 U.S. Code § 424a–3 - Addition of surplus Government lands; publication of notice; effective date
Effective upon publication of notice, as hereinafter provided, there shall be added to the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, a strip of land, comprising not more than one hundred acres, lying generally north of the present south line of Fort Oglethorpe and westward from the southeast corner thereof. The exact boundaries of the area added to the park shall be agreed upon by the Administrator, General Services Administration, and the Director of the National Park Service.
When the boundaries of the aforesaid area have been agreed upon, the General Services Administration shall furnish to the National Park Service a legal description of the lands to be added to the park, together with a map showing the boundaries and the acreage of the area.
Upon the receipt by the National Park Service of such legal description and map of the area, public notice that such lands are to become a part of the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park, effective on the date of publication of such notice, shall be given in the Federal Register.
For transfer of functions of other officers, employees, and agencies of Department of the Interior, with certain exceptions, to Secretary of the Interior, with power to delegate, see Reorg. Plan No. 3 of 1950, §§ 1, 2, eff. May 24, 1950, 15 F.R. 3174,64 Stat. 1262, set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.
Act June 30, 1949, transferred functions, property and personnel of War Assets Administration to General Services Administration and functions of War Assets Administrator transferred to Administrator of General Services.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.