16 U.S. Code § 460iii–1 - Definitions
prev | next
As used in this subchapter:
(2) The term “conservation area” means the Morley Nelson Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area established by section 460iii–2 of this title.
(3) The term “raptor” or “raptors” means individuals or populations of eagles, falcons, owls, hawks, and other birds of prey.
(4) The term “raptor habitat” includes the habitat of the raptor prey base as well as the nesting and hunting habitat of raptors within the conservation area.
(5) The term “Memorandum of Understanding” means the Memorandum of Understanding #ID–237, dated May 1985, between the State of Idaho Military Division and the Bureau of Land Management.
(6) The term “Orchard Training Area” means that area generally so depicted on the map referred to in section 460iii–2 (b) of this title, and as described in the Memorandum of Understanding as well as the air space over the same.
(7) The term “Impact Area” means that area which was used for the firing of live artillery projectiles and is used for live fire ranges of all types and, therefore, poses a danger to public safety and which is generally so depicted on the map referred to in section 460iii–2 (b) of this title.
(8) The term “Artillery Impact Area” means that area within the Impact Area into which live projectiles are fired, which is generally described as that area labeled as such on the map referred to in section 460iii–2 (b) of this title.
(9) The term “the plan” means the comprehensive management plan developed for the conservation area, dated August 30, 1985, together with such revisions thereto as may be required in order to implement this subchapter.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.