16 U.S. Code § 460zzz–6 - Advisory Council
prev | next
Not later than 180 days after March 30, 2009, the Secretary shall establish an advisory council, to be known as the “Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area Advisory Council”.
The Council shall advise the Secretary with respect to the preparation and implementation of the management plan.
(c) Applicable law
The Council shall be subject to—
The Council shall include 10 members to be appointed by the Secretary, of whom, to the extent practicable—
(1) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Mesa County Commission;
(2) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Montrose County Commission;
(3) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the Delta County Commission;
(4) 1 member shall be appointed after considering the recommendations of the permittees holding grazing allotments within the Conservation Area or the Wilderness; and
(5) 5 members shall reside in, or within reasonable proximity to, Mesa County, Delta County, or Montrose County, Colorado, with backgrounds that reflect—
The Secretary shall ensure that the membership of the Council is fairly balanced in terms of the points of view represented and the functions to be performed by the Council.
Source(Pub. L. 111–11, title II, § 2407,Mar. 30, 2009, 123 Stat. 1107.)
References in Text
The Federal Advisory Committee Act, referred to in subsec. (c)(1), is Pub. L. 92–463, Oct. 6, 1972, 86 Stat. 770, which is set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.
The Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976, referred to in subsec. (c)(2), is Pub. L. 94–579, Oct. 21, 1976, 90 Stat. 2743, which is classified principally to chapter 35 (§ 1701 et seq.) of Title 43, Public Lands. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 1701 of Title 43 and Tables.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.