16 U.S. Code § 4903 - Definitions
In this chapter—
(1) The term “Convention” means the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora, as amended, signed in Washington on March 3, 1973, and the Appendices thereto.
(2) The term “exotic bird”—
(A) means any live or dead member of the class Aves that is not indigenous to the 50 States or the District of Columbia, including any egg or offspring thereof; and
(B) does not include—
(i) domestic poultry, dead sport-hunted birds, dead museum specimens, dead scientific specimens, or products manufactured from such birds; or
(3) Each of the terms “import” and “importation” means to land on, bring into, or introduce into, or attempt to land on, bring into, or introduce into, any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(4) The term “person” means an individual, corporation, partnership, trust, association, or any other private entity; or any officer, employee, agent, department, or instrumentality of the Federal Government, of any State, municipality, or political subdivision of a State, or of any foreign government; any State, municipality, or political subdivision of a State; or any other entity subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
(5) The term “qualifying facility” means an exotic bird breeding facility that is included in a list published by the Secretary under section 4906 of this title.
(6) The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Interior or a designee of the Secretary of the Interior.
(7) The term “species”—
(A) means any species, any subspecies, or any distinct population segment of a species or subspecies; and
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.