18 U.S. Code Chapter 81 - PIRACY AND PRIVATEERING
- § 1651 - Piracy under law of nations
- § 1652 - Citizens as pirates
- § 1653 - Aliens as pirates
- § 1654 - Arming or serving on privateers
- § 1655 - Assault on commander as piracy
- § 1656 - Conversion or surrender of vessel
- § 1657 - Corruption of seamen and confederating with pirates
- § 1658 - Plunder of distressed vessel
- § 1659 - Attack to plunder vessel
- § 1660 - Receipt of pirate property
- § 1661 - Robbery ashore
In the light of far-reaching developments in the field of international law and foreign relations, the law of piracy is deemed to require a fundamental reconsideration and complete restatement, perhaps resulting in drastic changes by way of modification and expansion. Such a task may be regarded as beyond the scope of this project. The present revision is, therefore, confined to the making of some obvious and patent corrections. It is recommended, however, that at some opportune time in the near future, the subject of piracy be entirely reconsidered and the law bearing on it modified and restated in accordance with the needs of the times.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.