19 U.S. Code § 2552. Representations

Party to the Agreement; or
foreign country that is not a Party to the Agreement but is found by the Trade Representative to extend rights and privileges to the United States that are substantially the same as those that would be so extended if that foreign country were a Party to the Agreement;
may make a representation to the Trade Representative alleging that a standards-related activity engaged in within the United States violates the obligations of the United States under the Agreement. Any such representation must be made in accordance with procedures that the Trade Representative shall by regulation prescribe and must provide a reasonable indication that the standards-related activity concerned is having a significant trade effect. No person other than a Party to the Agreement or a foreign country described in paragraph (2) may make such a representation.

1996—Pub. L. 104–295 amended directory language of Pub. L. 103–182. See 1993 Amendment note below.

1993—Pub. L. 103–182, as amended by Pub. L. 104–295, substituted “Trade Representative” for “Special Representative” wherever appearing.