2 U.S. Code § 4552 - Certificates to pay rolls of employees of House

The Clerk, Sergeant at Arms, and Chief Administrative Officer of the House of Representatives shall make certificate each month to their respective pay rolls, stating whether the persons named in such pay rolls and employed in their respective departments have been actually present at their respective places of duty and have actually performed the services for which compensation is provided in said pay rolls, and in each case where a person carried on such pay roll has been absent and has not performed the services in whole or in part for which payment is proposed, the reason for such absence and for such nonperformance of services shall be stated.

(Mar. 3, 1901, ch. 830, § 1, 31 Stat. 968; Pub. L. 104–186, title II, § 204(41), Aug. 20, 1996, 110 Stat. 1736.)
Editorial Notes

Section was formerly classified to section 89 of this title prior to editorial reclassification and renumbering as this section.


1996—Pub. L. 104–186 substituted “and Chief Administrative Officer” for “Doorkeeper, and Postmaster”.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.