20 U.S. Code § 2012 - Administrative provisions
(a) Powers of Foundation
In order to carry out the provisions of this chapter, the Foundation is authorized to—
(1) appoint and fix the compensation of such personnel as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter, except that in no case shall employees other than the Executive Secretary be compensated at a rate to exceed the rate provided for employees in grade 15 of the General Schedule set forth in section 5332 of title 5;
(2) procure temporary and intermittent services of experts and consultants as are necessary to the extent authorized by section 3109 of title 5, but at rates not to exceed the rate specified at the time of such service for grade GS–18 in section 5332 of such title;
(3) prescribe such regulations as it deems necessary governing the manner in which its functions shall be carried out;
(4) receive money and other property donated, bequeathed, or devised, without condition or restriction other than it be used for the purposes of the Foundation; and to use, sell, or otherwise dispose of such property for the purpose of carrying out its functions;
(5) accept and utilize the services of voluntary and noncompensated personnel and reimburse them for travel expenses, including per diem, as authorized by section 5703 of title 5;
(6) enter into contracts, grants, or other arrangements, or modifications thereof, to carry out the provisions of this chapter, and such contracts or modifications thereof may, with the concurrence of two-thirds of the members of the Board, be entered into without performance or other bonds, and without regard to section 6101 of title 41;
(7) make advances, progress, and other payments which the Board deems necessary under this chapter without regard to the provisions of section 3324 (a) and (b) of title 31;
Source(Pub. L. 93–642, § 13,Jan. 4, 1975, 88 Stat. 2280.)
In subsec. (a)(6), “section 6101 of title 41” substituted for “section 3709 of the Revised Statutes, as amended (41 U.S.C. 5)” on authority of Pub. L. 111–350, § 6(c),Jan. 4, 2011, 124 Stat. 3854, which Act enacted Title 41, Public Contracts.
In subsec. (a)(7), “section 3324 (a) and (b) of title 31” substituted for “section 3648 of the Revised Statutes, as amended (31 U.S.C. 529)” on authority of Pub. L. 97–258, § 4(b),Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 1067, the first section of which enacted Title 31, Money and Finance.
Termination of Reporting Requirements
For termination, effective May 15, 2000, of provisions in subsec. (b) of this section relating to submitting annual report to Congress, see section 3003 ofPub. L. 104–66, as amended, set out as a note under section 1113 of Title 31, Money and Finance, and page 193 of House Document No. 103–7.
References in Other Laws to GS–16, 17, or 18 Pay Rates
References in laws to the rates of pay for GS–16, 17, or 18, or to maximum rates of pay under the General Schedule, to be considered references to rates payable under specified sections of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, see section 529 [title I, § 101(c)(1)] of Pub. L. 101–509, set out in a note under section 5376 of Title 5.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.