20 U.S. Code § 3912 - Functional objectives; uses of funds
(a) In carrying out its science and engineering education responsibilities, the Foundation shall have the following functional objectives: public understanding of science and technology, faculty enhancement, student education and training, instructional development and instrumentation, and materials development and dissemination.
(b) Funds under this subchapter shall, consistent with such functional objectives, be used for—
(1) enhancement of public understanding of science and engineering through informal education activities using a variety of mediums such as broadcasting, museums, clubs, and amateur science societies;
(3) enhancement of the quality of science and engineering instruction in colleges of teacher education;
(5) development of two-year community college faculty and instructors especially in high technology fields;
(7) encouragement of potential students, including underrepresented and underserved populations, to pursue careers in mathematics, science, engineering, and critical foreign languages;
(8) development of instructional instrumentation and systems for postsecondary technical, engineering, and scientific education; and
Source(Pub. L. 98–377, title I, § 102, as added Pub. L. 99–159, title II, § 201,Nov. 22, 1985, 99 Stat. 894.)
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.