20 U.S. Code § 4710 - Administrative provisions
(a) In general
In order to carry out this chapter, the Foundation may—
(1) appoint and fix the compensation of such personnel as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter, except that in no case may an employee other than the Executive Secretary be compensated at a rate to exceed the maximum rate provided for employees in grade GS–15 of the General Schedule under section 5332 of title 5;
(2) procure temporary and intermittent services of experts and consultants as are necessary to the extent authorized by section 3109 of title 5, but at rates not to exceed the rate specified at the time of such service for grade GS–18 under section 5332 of such title;
(3) prescribe such regulations as it considers necessary governing the manner in which its functions shall be carried out;
(4) receive money and other property donated, bequeathed, or devised, without condition or restriction other than it be used for the purposes of the Foundation, and to use, sell, or otherwise dispose of such property for the purpose of carrying out its functions;
(5) accept and use the services of voluntary and noncompensated personnel and for travel expenses, including per diem, as authorized by section 5703 of title 5;
(6) enter into contracts or other arrangements, or make grants, to carry out the provisions of this chapter, and enter into such contracts or other arrangements, or make such grants, with the concurrence of two-thirds of the members of the Board, without performance or other bonds and without regard to section 6101 of title 41;
Source(Pub. L. 99–661, div. A, title XIV, § 1411,Nov. 14, 1986, 100 Stat. 4011; Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title XI, § 1179(b),Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1770.)
In subsec. (a)(6), “section 6101 of title 41” substituted for “section 3709 of the Revised Statutes (41 U.S.C. 5)” on authority of Pub. L. 111–350, § 6(c),Jan. 4, 2011, 124 Stat. 3854, which Act enacted Title 41, Public Contracts.
1993—Subsec. (a)(7). Pub. L. 103–160substituted “the Washington, District of Columbia, metropolitan area” for “the District of Columbia”.
References in Other Laws to GS–16, 17, or 18 Pay Rates
References in laws to the rates of pay for GS–16, 17, or 18, or to maximum rates of pay under the General Schedule, to be considered references to rates payable under specified sections of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees, see section 529 [title I, § 101(c)(1)] of Pub. L. 101–509, set out in a note under section 5376 of Title 5.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.