Quick search by citation:

22 U.S. Code § 2672b - Compensation of Alternate United States Commissioners; travel expenses and other allowances

Alternate United States Commissioners shall receive no compensation for their services. They may be paid travel expenses and per diem in lieu of subsistence at the rates authorized by section 5703 of title 5 when engaged in the performance of their duties.