22 U.S. Code § 6728 - Annual report on inspections
prev | next
(a) In general
Not later than one year after October 21, 1998, and annually thereafter, the President shall submit a report in classified and unclassified form to the appropriate congressional committees on inspections made under the Convention during the preceding year.
(b) Content of reports
Each report shall contain the following information for the reporting period:
(1) The name of each company or entity subject to the jurisdiction of the United States reporting data pursuant to subchapter III of this chapter.
(3) The number and identity of inspectors conducting any inspection described in paragraph (2) and the number of inspectors barred from inspection by the United States.
(5) The total costs borne by United States business firms in the course of inspections described in paragraph (2).
(6) A description of the circumstances surrounding inspections described in paragraph (2), including instances of possible industrial espionage and misconduct of inspectors.
(7) The identity of parties claiming loss of trade secrets, the circumstances surrounding those losses, and the efforts taken by the United States Government to redress those losses.
(c) “Appropriate congressional committees” defined
The term “appropriate congressional committees” means the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on Foreign Relations, and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate and the Committee on the Judiciary, the Committee on International Relations, and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives.
Source(Pub. L. 105–277, div. I, title III, § 309,Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2681–879.)
Change of Name
Committee on International Relations of House of Representatives changed to Committee on Foreign Affairs of House of Representatives by House Resolution No. 6, One Hundred Tenth Congress, Jan. 5, 2007.
Delegation of Functions
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.