22 U.S. Code Subchapter II - REGISTRATION OF FOREIGN PROPAGANDISTS
- § 611 - Definitions
- § 612 - Registration statement
- § 613 - Exemptions
- § 614 - Filing and labeling of political propaganda
- § 615 - Books and records
- § 616 - Public examination of official records; transmittal of records and information
- § 617 - Liability of officers
- § 618 - Enforcement and penalties
- § 619 - Territorial applicability of subchapter
- § 620 - Rules and regulations
- § 621 - Reports to Congress
Ex. Ord. No. 9176, May 29, 1942, 7 F.R. 4127, provided:
By virtue of the authority vested in me by Title I of the First War Powers Act, 1941, approved December 18, 1941 (Public Law No. 354, 77th Congress [section 601 et seq. of the former Appendix to Title 50, War and National Defense]), and as President of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
1. All functions, powers and duties of the Secretary of State under the act of June 8, 1938 (52 Stat. 631), as amended by the act of August 7, 1939 (53 Stat. 1244), requiring the registration of agents of foreign principals, are hereby transferred to and vested in the Attorney General.
2. All property, books and records heretofore maintained by the Secretary of State with respect to his administration of said act of June 8, 1938, as amended, are hereby transferred to and vested in the Attorney General.
3. The Attorney General shall furnish to the Secretary of State for such comment, if any, as the Secretary of State may desire to make from the point of view of the foreign relations of the United States, one copy of each registration statement that is hereafter filed with the Attorney General in accordance with the provisions of this Executive order.
4. All rules, regulations and forms which have been issued by the Secretary of State pursuant to the provisions of said act of June 8, 1938, as amended, and which are in effect shall continue in effect until modified, superseded, revoked or repealed by the Attorney General.
5. This order shall become effective as of June 1, 1942.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.