25 U.S. Code § 121 - Payment of share of tribal funds to helpless Indians

§ 121.
Payment of share of tribal funds to helpless Indians

The pro rata share of any Indian who is mentally or physically incapable of managing his or her own affairs may be withdrawn from the Treasury in the discretion of the Secretary of the Interior and expended for the benefit of such Indian under such rules, regulations, and conditions as the said Secretary may prescribe: Provided, That said funds of any Indian shall not be withdrawn from the Treasury until needed by the Indian and upon his application and when approved by the Secretary of the Interior.

(Mar. 2, 1907, ch. 2523, § 2, 34 Stat. 1221; May 18, 1916, ch. 125, § 1, 39 Stat. 128.)
Transfer of Functions

For transfer of functions of other officers, employees, and agencies of Department of the Interior, with certain exceptions, to Secretary of the Interior, with power to delegate, see Reorg. Plan No. 3 of 1950, §§ 1, 2, eff. May 24, 1950, 15 F.R. 3174, 64 Stat. 1262, set out in the Appendix to Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.


LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.