25 U.S. Code § 1300f–3 - Study
prev | next
(a) In general
The Secretary of the Interior shall conduct one or more studies to determine—
(1) whether the lands held in trust on October 14, 1994, by the United States for the Pascua Yaqui Tribe are adequate for the needs of the tribe for the foreseeable future;
(2) if such lands are not adequate—
(3) whether the Pascua Yaqui Tribe has sufficient water rights and allocations to meet the needs of the tribe for the foreseeable future;
(4) if such water rights and allocations are not adequate—
(5) whether the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service have limited funding to the Pascua Yaqui Tribe based on a determination of the tribal enrollment in 1978, rather than the current enrollment;
(6) if funding has been based on 1978 enrollment, how the funding levels can be adjusted to ensure that the Pascua Yaqui Tribe receives a fair and equitable portion of Bureau of Indian Affairs and Indian Health Service funding;
(b) Tribal participation
The Secretary shall provide for the participation of members of the Pascua Yaqui Tribe to carry out subsection (a) of this section.
Not later than 2 years after the date on which funds are made available to carry out this section, the Secretary of the Interior shall submit a report to Congress that contains the results of each study conducted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.