25 U.S. Code § 1300i–9 - Economic development
prev | next
(a) Plan for economic self-sufficiency
The Secretary shall—
(1) enter into negotiations with the Yurok Transition Team and the Interim Council of the Yurok Tribe with respect to establishing a plan for economic development for the tribe; and
(2) in accordance with this section and not later than two years after October 31, 1988, develop such a plan. 
(b) Consultation with State and local officials required
To assure that legitimate State and local interests are not prejudiced by the proposed economic self-sufficiency plan, the Secretary shall notify and consult with the appropriate officials of the State and all appropriate local governmental officials in the State. The Secretary shall provide complete information on the proposed plan to such officials, including the restrictions on such proposed plan imposed by subsection (c) of this section. During any consultation by the Secretary under this subsection, the Secretary shall provide such information as the Secretary may possess, and shall request comments and additional information on the extent of any State or local service to the tribe.
(c) Restrictions to be contained in plan
Any plan developed by the Secretary under subsection (a) of this section shall provide that—
(1) any real property transferred by the tribe or any member to the Secretary shall be taken and held in the name of the United States for the benefit of the tribe;
(2) any real property taken in trust by the Secretary pursuant to such plan shall be subject to—
(A) all legal rights and interests in such land existing at the time of the acquisition of such land by the Secretary, including any lien, mortgage, or previously levied and outstanding State or local tax;
(d) Appendix to plan submitted to Congress
The Secretary shall append to the plan submitted to the Congress under subsection (a) of this section a detailed statement—
(1) naming each individual and official consulted in accordance with subsection (b) of this section;
 So in original. The period probably should be “; and”.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.