The provision of safety, security, and law enforcement measures and activities appropriate to protect residents of affordable housing from crime.
25 U.S. Code § 4229. Eligible affordable housing activities
(a) In generalAffordable housing activities under this section are activities conducted in accordance with the requirements of section 4230 of this title to—
develop or to support affordable housing for rental or homeownership; or
provide housing services with respect to affordable housing, through the activities described in subsection (b).
(b) ActivitiesThe activities described in this subsection are the following:
(1) DevelopmentThe acquisition, new construction, reconstruction, or moderate or substantial rehabilitation of affordable housing, which may include—
(2) Housing servicesThe provision of housing-related services for affordable housing, including—
(3) Housing management servicesThe provision of management services for affordable housing, including—
management of affordable housing projects.
(4) Crime prevention and safety activities
(5) Model activitiesHousing activities under model programs that are—
specifically approved by the Secretary as appropriate for the purpose referred to in subparagraph (A).